The Latinx/a/o Graduation recognition has been occurring on The University of Iowa campus for the past 27 years. Recognition of our Latinx/a/o Graduates began when faculty and staff of the UI Latinx Council started an event to formally spotlight the achievements and accomplishments of graduating UI Latinx undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Today, the Latinx/a/o Graduation Committee consists of students, faculty, and staff of the Association of Latinos Moving Ahead (ALMA), the Latino Native American Cultural Center (LNACC), and the UI Latinx Council.
Celebrating & Recognizing 2021 Graduates:
Hello, 2021 Latinx/a/o Graduates!
As the Latinx/a/o Graduation committee, we have come up with three ways to celebrate you all. See them listed below:
1. A virtual Zoom Graduation taking place May 6th, 2021 at 6 p.m. (CST). To participate in this event, you must register with this provided link: Virtual Graduation Registration.
*The Virtual Graduation Registration link above is free to be shared with family, friends, professors, etc. Simply copy and paste the link from the new windows you are redirected to, and pass along.
2. Sharing tokens of celebration that will either be picked up by you at the Latino Native American Cultural Center (LNACC) or delivered if absolutely needed.
3. Allowing you to partake in a social media highlight on the Latino Native American Cultural Center (LNACC) Instagram and Facebook accounts.
How do YOU, as a graduate, participate?
- Register to attend the ceremony with the link provided above.
- Fill out the Qualtrics with this tinyurl: www.tinyurl.com/UIowaSpring21LGR
We are so excited to be sharing in community with you, whatever way you desire! We ask that the above is filled out and completed by April 9th, 2021.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, please feel free to reach out to Isabela Flores at email@example.com. Thank you!
Disabled individuals are an important part of our community and we want to make this an accessible space. If you have a disability and need an accommodation in order to participate in this online program, please contact Isabela Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org. Isabela is available to connect with any and all graduates that may have questions and issues with signing-up or uploading content.
We hope you're excited to register, and consider participating in the various ways to recognize your graduation accomplishments as a Latinx/a/o Graduate.
- Latinx/a/o Graduation Committee 2021
2021 Committee Members include:
Xavier Ortega – Association of Latinos Moving Ahead (ALMA)
Alex Escalada – Association of Latinos Moving Ahead (ALMA)
Jennifer Cano – Latino Native American Cultural Center (LNACC)
Isabela Flores – Latino Native American Cultural Center (LNACC)
Consuelo Garcia – UI Latinx CouncilGlenn Storey – UI Latinx Council