Black Student Support Group
Facilitated by Dr. LaNeisha Waller, UCS and Shalisa Gladney, RVAP
- The Black Student Support Group will serve as a space for Black identifying students of all gender identities to respectfully listen to each other, share thoughts, feelings, provide validation, and offer encouragement to fellow Black students at the University of Iowa. The group is open for Black students to discuss the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 within the Black community and serve as a space for Black students to process the violence, police brutality, and racism experienced during this time of social and political unrest as it relates to the Black Lives Matter movement.
- The primary goal of a support group is to help members cope with issues or problems in their lives. This is NOT a clinical therapy group. Member commitment to a support group is minimal, meaning, members can ‘drop in’ for a session whenever they choose.
- Although attendance may be minimal, it is encouraged that members try to attend support groups regularly, for the benefit of themselves and the group.
- Starting September 15th, at 4:30PM
- September 29th, at 4:30PM
- October 13th, at 4:30PM
- October 27th, at 4:30PM
- November 10th, at 4:30PM
- November 24th, at 4:30PM**
- December 8th, at 4:30PM
How to Join: You must complete THIS form in advance to receive the Zoom link. Please complete by Tuesday at 3:30pm.