Coordinator, Multicultural Programs
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (319) 335-2277
- Pronouns: He, Him, His
Areas of Passion & Initiatives:
- Leads Black History Month & Weeks, including MLK Jr. Human Rights Celebration
- Guides Afro House Affinity Graduation
- Advises Black Student Union (BSU), Hubbard Group, & others
Jamal's passion is to be the person that others can look to and see as a resource. He has had many people, outside of family, that have helped him push forward. Each person that has came into his life has made an impact, and he wants to replicate that impact. He wants to be there for those who may not always have someone in their corner. He wants to make sure the voiceless can be heard. And he wants to be someone that has given their all to helping as many people as possible. At the end of it all, he hopes people can look back at not only his work but the worth and value that he has had in their lives.
Top 5 Strengths:
- Jamal loves to draw, mostly comic books and cartoons characters (existing and original).
- He is a huge comic book fan (most books that are written before the early 2012).
- In his free time, he likes to write short stories mainly about inner city life and science fiction.
“Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?” Roman poet Juvenal (Satires VI, lines 347-8) easy translation to find: “Who will guards the guards themselves?”