Fall 2020 Practices
Multicultural and International Student Support and Engagement (MISSE) will not be reopening the four Cultural Centers for the fall semester. Programming and student engagement practices will be held virtually in an online setting. MISSE Professional Staff and Student Staff will be working throughout the fall semester online, in order to create these engagement platforms for community building.
How to Access our Services
Accessibility and Full Participation
- Disabled individuals are an important part of our community and we want to ensure our virtual spaces are accessible to all learners. The MISSE Team will ensure that closed captioning is used for presentations via Zoom, and that participation via video is not an expectation for full participation - text in chat will be enabled for more engagement. If you have a disability and need an accommodation in order to participate in any MISSE virtual programming, please contact Thomas Arce at email@example.com.
- Virtual engagement will be provided through a variety of online platforms, including Zoom, Instagram, Facebook, and more. For services and programming that will be provided, please continue to check the MISSE website and individual Cultural Center and area social media channels for updates.
Your Opinion Matters
- If you have ideas for programming and virtual community building suggestions that the MISSE Team could implement, please share them with us.
- Submit anonymous suggestions HERE.
MISSE and the individual Cultural Centers will provide campus with regular updates regarding workshops, program offerings, events, and service changes through several channels:
Cultural Centers Social Media:
- Afro-American Cultural Center
- Latino Native American Cultural Center
- Asian Pacific American Cultural Center
- Pride Alliance Center
- International Student Support & Engagement
- Instagram: @uiowaisse
Connect with any of the MISSE professional staff - we are here for you.
- Thomas A. Arce, Interim Associate Director of MISSE
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (319) 335-3263
- Shalisa Gladney, Coordinator of Afro-American Cultural Center
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (319) 384-2084
- Isabela Flores, Coordinator of Latino Native American Cultural Center
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (319) 467-4557
- Prisma Ruacho, Coordinator of Asian Pacific American Cultural Center
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (319) 467-1660
- Emma Welch, Coordinator of Pride Alliance Center
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (319) 335-2305
- Shuhui Lin, Coordinator of International Student Support and Engagement
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (319) 335-3059